With the current challenges of getting
patients back into the office, it’s a great time to look into resources to help
connect with families. Sanofi Pasteur offers a helpful tool to deliver
important reminders to your patients. WellConnect is available at VaccineShoppe.com and has both text and voice
messaging capabilities. Sanofi Pasteur
created a helpful
WellConnect can be used for:
- Flu and other immunization
- Patient wellness checks and
- Appointment reminders
- Back-to-School health reminders
- Medical screenings and health
In addition, WellConnect has a number of
helpful features such as survey capabilities and analytics. You can create an
account at VaccineShoppe.com as well as access
free resources and training materials. For more information, reach out to your
Dynavax is hosting a webinar on Hepatitis B presented
by: John Youhanna, PharmD, RPh, Regional Medical Director, Dynavax Technologies.
Now more than ever, it is important to prioritize the protection of healthcare workers who are at risk from infectious diseases, particularly hepatitis B, a potentially deadly virus that is spread through contact with infected blood and bodily fluids and can live on surfaces for at least seven days.1,2,3
Please join us to discuss why Hepatitis B is a current threat to our healthcare community and learn more about innovations in protection through vaccination.
This educational presentation will include a live Q & A session.
below to register!
1pm – 2pm EST
2pm – 3pm EST
12pm – 1pm EST
1 Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. Hepatitis B. In: Hamborsky J, Kroger A, Wolfe S, eds. Epidemiology and Prevention of Vaccine-Preventable Diseases. 13th ed. Washington, DC: Public Health Foundation; 2015:149-174. https://www.cdc.gov/vaccines/pubs/pinkbook/downloads/hepb.pdf. Accessed October16, 2017.
2. Walayat S, Ahmed Z, Martin D, Puli S, Cashman M, Dhillon S. Recent advances in vaccination of non-responders to standard dose hepatitis B virus vaccine. World J Hepatol.2015;7(24):2503-2509. doi:10.4254/wjh.v7.i24.2503
3. Than TT, Jo E, Todt D, et al. High environmental stability of hepatitis B virus and inactivation requirements for chemical biocides. J Infect Dis. 2018 Oct 24. doi: 10.1093/infdis/jiy620. [Epub ahead of print].
In response to declining vaccination rates due to the COVID-19 pandemic and to a forthcoming COVID-19 vaccine, the AAP released policies leaders say need to be enacted to preserve the vaccine delivery system. In addition to maintaining routine immunizations in order to prevent an outbreak of a vaccine preventable disease, a strong vaccine delivery system is critical to administering influenza vaccine for the critical 2020-21 flu season and to delivering the COVID-19 vaccine when it becomes available.
These policies include:
- Prospective Medicaid Vaccine
- Increasing Regional Maximum VFC
Vaccine Administration Fees
- Appropriately Valued Vaccine Codes
- Allow Borrowing Between Public and
Private Vaccine Stock
- Prioritize Delivery of Seasonal
Flu Vaccine to VFC Providers
- Reduced Regulatory Burden and
Collaboration with Providers on Quality Initiatives
The AAP’s new policies can be found here. They
have also released a one pager “Strengthening
Immunization Delivery for Children: Preparing for a COVID-19 Vaccine.”
Additional resources include: