CPP member practices who are looking to invest in proper vaccine storage equipment can view educational resources, access discounts with select equipment vendors and earn a grant to help offset the cost of investing in such equipment. The deadline for CPP’s Vaccine Storage Equipment Educational Program has been extended through December 31, 2015 but equipment purchases can date back to January 1, 2012 and still be eligible for a grant. Contact CPP at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information and to get an application.
CPP has created a group on LinkedIn for our members and other primary care providers to engage with us and each other. If you are signed up with LinkedIn, join the “CPP Buying Group” to participate in this new group. Over the next few weeks and months we plan to share news, practice resources, and challenges with other CPP members. Anyone who is in private practice knows how much information there is to keep up on, how how difficult valuable resources are to find, and how things are always changing. It can be overwhelming at times. Make it easier on you and other CPP members by sharing and learning from each other!
The California Department of Public Health, Immunization Branch has developed a Pneumococcal Vaccine Timing clinical reference tool.
The chart summarizes the latest adult pneumococcal vaccine (PCV13 and PPSV23) recommendations for both:
• All adults age 65 and over (both vaccines now covered by Medicare Part B)
• Adults 19-64 with certain underlying conditions
CPP is pleased to announce two programs our member practices can utilize to access flu vaccine discounts and benefits for the upcoming 2015-2016 flu season:
- Sanofi Pasteur – The pre-book period is now open so book your flu reservation by going to www.VaccineShoppe.com
• If your practice purchased Fluzone® last season (2014-2015), Sanofi Pasteur has allocated to you the total doses of each flu presentation that shipped to your practice.
• This allocation can be adjusted up or down, depending on your practice’s anticipated need for the upcoming season (2015-2016), however you must confirm your reservation by March 31, 2015.
• Because prefilled syringes are in higher demand, it is recommended that you confirm your reservation for this type of presentation by the end of February 2015.
- MedImmune – CPP member practices can receive 5% off all orders of FluMist® throughout the entire 2015-2016 flu season, whether the doses are part of a pre-book or a part of subsequent reorders.
• For CPP members that submitted the MedImmune Declaration Form last flu season you can place your FluMist® order with your distributor right now. You do not need to submit a new declaration form in 2015.
• For CPP members who want access to the CPP – MedImmune contract discount, please contact the CPP office at 614-722-2149 or email email@example.com to obtain a copy of the declaration form.
FluMist® doses must be pre-booked by April 17, 2015.
For pricing information and additional information, please contact CPP at 614-722-2149 or firstname.lastname@example.org.