CPP would like to wish everyone a wonderful holiday season and a prosperous 2016!
The U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) approved an expanded age indication for GARDASIL®9, Merck’s 9-valent human papillomavirus (HPV) vaccine, to now include use in males 16 through 26 years of age. “This is an important approval that now aligns the indication for GARDASIL 9 in males and females ages 9 through 26 to that of GARDASIL, and also supports the CDC’s HPV vaccine recommendations for use in males,” said Jacques Cholat, M.D., president, Merck Vaccines.
Please see the full Merck press release for more information.
If you were unable to join us for the Vaccine Storage Tips! webinar with Dr. Barden on November 18th, the recording has now been posted to the CPP website! To access the webinar or the slides, simply go to the Vaccine Storage Resources section of the CPP website. If you need the username and password to access the password protected resources, please contact the CPP office at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We wanted to make you aware of several updates regarding Sanofi Pasteur vaccines:
Customer End-of-Year Promotion – CPP Members will receive an additional 3% discount off of Menactra® and Adacel® doses ordered between now and Wednesday, December 16, 2015. Orders must ship by Thursday, December 17, 2015.
Pentacel® Supply – Sanofi Pasteur is experiencing a manufacturing delay with Pentacel® and anticipates it will not be able to meet full demand throughout the first half of 2016. In an effort to manage through this period, they are implementing customer level allocations – about 65%-85% of your monthly demand. To help offset the gap in Pentacel® vaccine supply, Daptacel®, ActHIB®, and IPOL® will be be available at 125% of demand so that you have single-entity vaccines available to cover any pentacel shortage and maintain your immunization schedule.
CPP recommends members consider purchasing the entire allocated amount of Pentacel® for your practice each month in order to maintain your level of allocation throughout the entire period of constrained supply.
Price Increases – Sanofi Pasteur has announced price increases to many of their vaccines.
- The new pricing for Adacel®, Diphtheria and Tetanus, Tenivac®, Tubersol®, Imogam® Rabies HT, Typhim Vi® and YF-Vax® will go into effect January 1, 2016.
- Due to the supply issue mentioned above, the new pricing for Pentacel®, Daptacel®, IPOL®, and ActHIB® will be delayed and will go into effect July 1, 2016.
If you have any questions, please contact your Sanofi Pasteur representative or the CPP office at 614-722-2145.
As you may have heard, Merck recently announced price increases on many of their vaccines. Please keep in mind that CPP members have a 60-day discount period during which you can still purchase vaccines at the pre-increase price. Therefore, for CPP members, the new pricing goes into effect on December 21, 2015.
Please see the updates below regarding the availability of flu vaccines:
Sanofi Pasteur: Fluzone (as of November 9, 2015):
Available for Order Now/Ship Now:
- TIV MDV
- QIV MDV
- ID QIV (discounted price comparable to QIV .5mL Adult Syringes)
- QIV .5mL Adult Syringes
- QIV .25mL Ped Syringes: Late November ship date
- QIV Unit dose vials
MedImmune: Flumist (as of November 11, 2015):
- There are specific lots of Flumist doses that have been held back by the FDA for quality testing. The issue only affects these specific lots and there are no known problems with any doses that have already been shipped or are scheduled to be shipped.
- About 33% of the doses have been delivered to the market, another 33% are scheduled to be delivered by the end of November. Pending successful completion of the additional quality testing, the final 33% will be delivered by the end of January.
- Because of this delay, the deadline to accept pre-booked doses has been extended from November 30, 2015 to January 29, 2016.
- Typically, practices need to accept all of their pre-booked doses by this date in order to get their pre-book discount but MedImmune is also removing this requirement. Sites will receive their pre-book discount on any doses accepted for delivery prior to January 29, 2016.
If you have any questions, please feel free to contact the CPP office at 614-722-2145 or your Sanofi Pasteur or MedImmune representative.
Dr. Barden has been instrumental in developing resources for the AAP to help practices implement the CDC guidelines for proper vaccine storage. Whether you are wondering if there are additional steps you can take to minimize risk in your practice or looking at replacing your current refrigerator/freezer combo unit, Dr. Barden will be helping CPP members with all vaccine storage questions and concerns.
• Is my practice doing all we can to protect our vaccines?
• What features are important to consider when purchasing new vaccine storage equipment?
• How do I choose the right sized refrigerator for my practice?
• What resources are available to help me?
We hope you can join us!
Wednesday, November 18th, Noon to 1pm EST
Contact the CPP office at email@example.com for login details.
This webinar WILL NOT qualify for CME.
CPP will be exhibiting at the American Academy of Pediatrics NCE this week in Washington D.C. Stop by the Nationwide Children’s Hospital booth (#1413) for some vaccine management and coding resources from CPP!
CPP will be exhibiting at the Medical Group Management Association annual conference next week in Nashville, TN. Stop by booth #1635 for some vaccine management and coding resources from CPP!
CPP members who are eligible to receive the CPP annual rebate will be receiving them in the coming weeks. If you have not received your 2014-2015 rebate by the end of October, please contact the CPP office at firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you are not eligible for a rebate, please contact us to see how you can begin earning one. We are always looking for ways your practice can maximize the value you receive from your CPP membership!